- Community Groups
- Guides and Scouts
- Clubs and Societies
- Health Services
- Other Local Services
- Other Local Interest
Arboretum Volunteers on Wednesdays and occasional Sundays 9.00am-1.00pm. Members of Friends of Thetford Forest carry out general maintenance, care for the shrub layer and enhance the setting for people and wildlife. If you are interested, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0300 067 4590.
Bell Ringing at St Leonard’s Church for Sunday Services and special occasions. Tower Captain: J Griggs. We practice on Wednesdays from 6.30pm and welcome new members. Please ring Margaret 01842 878325 before turning up.
Carpet Bowls on Mondays 7.00pm-9.30pm at Mundford Village Hall. Contact: Ann Rayner 01842 878409 or Brian Perry 01842 878435.
Choir Practice on Saturdays 10.00am-11.30am at St Mary’s Church, Cranwich. The Village Voices Choir is a group of amateur singers, with mixed abilities, but enthusiasm and an enjoyment of singing. Just turn up or contact: Felicity Moon 01362 820632.
Ladies Cycling Club on Thursdays leaving 7.00pm from Mundford Village Hall car park. A friendly group of female cyclists of all abilities gathering together for a one-hour spin around the local area. Facebook: ’Mundford Ladies Cycling Club’.
Ladies Netball on Wednesdays 7.00pm-8.00pm in the school playground. Come along for an hour of playing, fun and chat. Ages 16+ All abilities welcome! £2 per session (proceeds to the PTA). Contact: Louise 07388 916401.
Ramblers on Mondays except bank holidays leaving 10.00am from Mundford Cricket Club. Maximum six miles. Followed by a sociable coffee or tea. Try three walks free before joining the Ramblers Association. Arranged by Breckland Brisk Walkers who walk daily, except Saturdays, in six locations. Contact: Keith Thomas 01760 756455.
Over 60’s first Wednesday of each month 2.00pm at Mundford Bowls Club. Contact: Joan or Carol Clarke 01842 878136.
Parent & Toddler Group on Thursdays 9:30am-11:30am during term time at Mundford Village Hall. Contact: Joanna Findlay 07534 537600. Facebook ‘Mundford Parent and Toddler Group’
Running Club on Tuesdays leaving 7.00pm from Mundford Village Hall car park. Are you looking to get fitter? Training for an event? Bored of the gym? Just want to get out of the house? Then this is the group for you. All abilities welcome. Free. Contact: Paul Reeve 07899 805019.
Guides and Scouts
Brownies on Wednesdays 6.00pm-7.30pm at Mundford Village Hall. For girls aged 7-10yrs. Term time only. Contact: Lee England (Brown Owl) 01366 328826 or 07885 735044.
With effect from autumn 2018, the Mundford Scout Hut is out of use.
Visit the national websites for the:
Clubs and Societies
- Mundford Bowls Club | website
- Mundford Cricket Club | website
- Mundford Football Club | facebook | twitter
- Brandon Photographic Club | website
- Feltwell Golf Club| website
- West Norfolk Aviation Society | website
The village magazine for Mundford, Cranwich and Ickburgh is The Mundford Messenger.
Click below to view the online magazines of these nearby villages:
St Leonard’s Church, Mundford (C of E) Rev. Zoe Ferguson is the Priest in Charge of the Mundford, Hilborough & Oxborough groups. Day off Monday. For Wedding, Baptism & Church enquires, call 01842 879990. Click to view forthcoming church services. Click to view posts about the church.
Mundford Methodist Chapel Services are usually held on Sundays at 2.45pm. Please phone the minister beforehand to check whether a service is to take place. Contact: Rev. Chris White 01842 753819.
Catholic churches nearest to Mundford are:
- St Thomas of Canterbury, Brandon | website
- St Mary’s, Thetford | website
- Our Lady of Pity, Swaffham | website
There is a small church in the woods near Mundford that is no longer in regular use. Our Lady of Consolation and St Stephen, Lynford is cared for by the Norfolk Churches Trust.
Find more local churches.
- Mundford Playgroup – 07787 205924 | website
- Mundford Primary Academy – 01842 878278 | website
- Iceni Academy (Methwold) – 01366 728333| website
Find more local schools.
Mundford benefits from having the following businesses located in the village:
- Brown’s Cafe and Restaurant
- The Crown (pub and B&B)
- Crown Hairdressers
- Hand Car Wash
- Costcutter with Post Office and Yallops Butchers
- Mundfords (eclectic furniture and gift shop)
- Mundford Fish Bar
- Village Hair and Perfect Beauty
Mundford Community Car Scheme
The Community Car Scheme may be used by any resident without access to a car. Please give 48 hours notice and avoid phoning at weekends (unless it is a real emergency). A mileage fee is paid to the driver. Volunteer drivers always needed.
- Community Car Scheme: Ann Shepherd – 01842 878872
West Norfolk Community Transport
Flexibus service through Mundford into Thetford on Monday and Tuesday mornings. £4 return. Pre-book by calling the Swaffham office 0300 123 1145.
Dial-a-bus service through Mundford to Tesco in Thetford on Tuesday mornings. £4 return. Pre-book by calling the Kings Lynn office 01553 770310.
Visit the WNCT website.
The nearest railway stations to Mundford are:
- Brandon (Norwich to Cambridge line)
- Downham Market (Kings Lynn to Kings Cross line)
Plan your rail journey on the National Rail website.
The nearest National Express coach runs from Thetford. Plan your coach journey on the National Express website.
Plan your journey anywhere in Great Britain by bus, rail, coach and ferry on the Traveline website.
Hospitals (with A&E)
- West Suffolk Hospital, Bury St Edmunds – 01284 713000
- Queen Elizabeth Hospital, King’s Lynn – 01553 613613
- Boughton Surgery – 01366 500331
- Brandon Medical Practice – 01842 810388
- Feltwell Surgery – 01842 828481
- Forest Group Practice, Brandon* – 01842 810206
- Lakenheath Surgery – 01842 860400
*The Forest Group practice also runs a part-time surgery at Mundford Village Hall.
- Oasis Dental Care Ltd, Brandon – 01842 812276
- Townsend House Dental Surgery, Thetford – 01842 755373
- Clarence House Dental Surgery, Watton – 01953 882777
Find more GPs, Hospitals and Dentists on the NHS website.
If you need medical help fast, but it’s not a 999 emergency or for health advice and information contact:
- NHS Direct – 111
Breckland Cancer Support Group
Serving the Breckland district of Brandon, Lakenheath, Mildenhall and Thetford. Monthly meetings are held at the Keystone Innovation Centre, Croxton Road, Thetford, IP24 1JD on the second Wednesday of the month 10.30am–12.30pm. Informal gathering for a coffee/chat and occasional speakers.
- Tel: 07922 525375 or email: email@example.com
Alternatively, contact the Macmillan Support Centre at West Suffolk Hospital – 01284 713023 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any concerns or questions relation to a policing matter, you can contact the local beat managers by either calling 101 or by emailing STNThetford@norfolk.pnn.police.uk.
If you would like crime prevention advice follow this link where you can find a Crime Prevention A-Z as well as advice on lots of other matters.
Always dial 999 in an emergency.
Other Local Services
- There is a Post Office in Costcutters, St Leonard’s Street, Mundford, IP26 5HG
- Click to find other Post Offices
- Brandon – 01842 810184
- Downham Market – 01366 383073
- King’s Lynn – 01553 772568
- Lakenheath – 01842 860723
- Mildenhall – 01638 713558
- Swaffham – 01760 721513
- Thetford – 01842 752048
There is also a mobile library which visits Mundford every four weeks (wef April 2019):
- Mobile library – 01362 693184 – timetable
Citizens Advice Bureaus
- Brandon – 01842 811511
- King’s Lynn – 01553 774719
- Mildenhall – 01638 712094
- Thetford – 01842 752777
Tourist Information Centres
- Brandon – 01842 814955
- Brecks Tourism Partnership – 01842 760116
- Downham Market – 01366 383287
- King’s Lynn – 01553 763044
- Mildenhall – 01638 715484
- Swaffham – 01760 722255
- Thetford – 01842 751975 | website
Town, District and County Councils
- Thetford Town Council – 01842 754247 | website
- Breckland District Council – 01362 656870 | website
- Norfolk County Council – 0344 800 8020 | website
Other Local Interest
RSPB Lakenheath Fen | website