- Groups and Organisations
- Health Services
- Other Local Services
- Other Local Interest
Groups and Organisations
There are many groups and organisations in the village, including:
- Mundford Bowls Club | website
- Mundford Cricket Club | website
- Mundford Football Club | facebook | twitter
- Mundford Beavers, Cubs and Scouts – no groups at present
- Cycling Group: Graham Brickett – 01366 328877
- Lunch Club: Angela – 01842 878680
- Lynford Arboretum Volunteers: Roger Powell – 01842 878585
- Running Group: Oliver – 07585 707741
- St Leonard’s Bell Ringers: Margaret – 01842 878325
- Village Voices Choir: 01842 879723
Mundford Village Hall is home to lots of groups and organisations such as:
- Carpet Bowls
- Friendship Group
- Mothers and Toddlers
- Over 60s
Find out more about these and other groups based at the village hall.
Other nearby organisations include:
Mundford, Cranwich and Ickburgh
Connect is a free monthly newsletter covering Mundford, Cranwich and Ickburgh. It contains lots of news, information about forthcoming events and advertisements for local businesses. Connect is available by email (send your email address to the editor) or to collect from local venues. It also has a Facebook page. To submit an article, send it by email or post:
- Newsletter: Editor, Karen Boxall – 07747 561784 | email@example.com |
1 Bridge House, Foulden Road, Ickburgh, IP26 5HX
Click below to view the online magazines of these nearby villages:
St Leonard’s Church, Mundford (C of E)
- For Wedding, Baptism and Church enquires – 01842 879990 | Service Times
A service is held in the Mundford Methodist Chapel every Sunday at 2.45pm:
- Methodist Chapel: Revd. Chris White 01842 753819
Nearby Catholic churches:
- St Thomas of Canterbury, Brandon | website
- St Mary’s, Thetford | website
- Our Lady of Pity, Swaffham | website
There is a small church in the woods near Mundford that is no longer in regular use. Our Lady of Consolation and St Stephen, Lynford is cared for by the Norfolk Churches Trust.
Find more local churches.
Find more local schools.
Mundford benefits from having the following businesses located in the village:
- Brown’s Cafe and Restaurant
- The Crown (pub and B&B)
- Crown Hairdressers
- Hand Car Wash
- Costcutter with Post Office and Yallops Butchers
- Mundfords (eclectic furniture and gift shop)
- Mundford Fish Bar
- Village Hair and Perfect Beauty
Plan your journey anywhere in Great Britain by bus, rail, coach and ferry on the Traveline website.
- There are bus stops in Crown Road and on the A134 Cranwich Road.
- A new Flexibus service will be starting on 26th July 2016 from Mundford and surrounding villages into Thetford on Mondays and Tuesdays. Phone 0300 123 1145 to pre-book. See this poster for times and more information.
- Note that the Parish Council subsidised fortnightly Saturday bus service to Swaffham has been discontinued.
Find out more about bus travel in Norfolk.
The nearest railway stations to Mundford are:
- Brandon (Norwich to Cambridge line)
- Downham Market (Kings Lynn to Kings Cross line)
Plan your rail journey on the National Rail website.
A National Express coach to London runs daily and stops at Mundford in the lay-by near the war memorial. There are also services to London and the London airports from Thetford.
Plan your coach journey on the National Express website.
The Community Car Scheme may be used by any resident without access to a car. Please give 48 hours notice and avoid phoning at weekends (unless it is a real emergency). A fee is paid per mile:
- Community Car Scheme: Ann Shepherd – 01842 878872
Thetford door to door minibus is a transport service available to anyone who cannot use a local bus service due to age or impaired mobility or because there is no bus service at all. A mid-morning Tuesday bus service to Thetford Tesco’s is offered to the villages of Mundford, Ickburgh and Lynford. The minibus has a special lift at the rear of the vehicle and a trained driver to help passengers on and off the bus (previously Dial a Bus).
- Minibus Service: Age Concern – 01842 750088
Hospitals (with A&E)
- West Suffolk Hospital, Bury St Edmunds – 01284 713000
- Queen Elizabeth Hospital, King’s Lynn – 01553 613613
- Boughton Surgery – 01366 500331
- Brandon Surgery (Forest Group)* – 01842 810206
- Brandon Medical Practice – 01842 810388
- Feltwell Surgery – 01842 828481
- Lakenheath Surgery – 01842 860400
*The Forest Group practice also runs a part-time surgery at Mundford Village Hall.
- Oasis Dental Care Ltd, Brandon – 01842 812276
- Townsend House Dental Surgery, Thetford – 01842 755373
- Clarence House Dental Surgery, Watton – 01953 882777
Find more GPs, Hospitals and Dentists on the NHS website.
If you need medical help fast, but it’s not a 999 emergency or for health advice and information contact:
- NHS Direct – 111
Do you have questions about cancer? Do you need financial help because of the effects of cancer? Are you caring for someone with cancer? The Macmillan Information and Support team can help. They will be at Thetford Healthy Living Centre on the fourth Thursday of each month from 10 am to 12 noon. No appointment necessary. Alternatively, contact:
- Macmillan Support Centre at West Suffolk Hospital – 01284 716023
If you have any concerns or questions relation to a policing matter, you can contact the local beat managers by either calling 101 or by emailing at STNThetford@norfolk.pnn.police.uk.
If you would like crime prevention advice follow this link where you can find a Crime Prevention A—Z as well as advice on lots of other matters.
Always dial 999 in an emergency.
Other Local Services
- There is a Post Office in Costcutters, St Leonard’s Street, Mundford, IP26 5HG
- Click to find other Post Offices
- Brandon – 01842 810184
- Downham Market – 01366 383073
- King’s Lynn – 01553 772568
- Lakenheath – 01842 860723
- Mildenhall – 01638 713558
- Swaffham – 01760 721513
- Thetford – 01842 752048
There is also a mobile library which visits Mundford fortnightly:
- Mobile library – 01366 383073 – timetable
Citizens Advice Bureaus
- Brandon – 01842 811511
- King’s Lynn – 01553 774719
- Mildenhall – 01638 712094
- Thetford – 01842 752777
Tourist Information Centres
- Brandon – 01842 814955
- Brecks Tourism Partnership – 01842 760116
- Downham Market – 01366 383287
- King’s Lynn – 01553 763044
- Mildenhall – 01638 715484
- Swaffham – 01760 722255
- Thetford – 01842 751975 | website
Town, District and County Councils
- Thetford Town Council – 01842 754247 | website
- Breckland District Council – 01362 656870 | website
- Norfolk County Council – 0344 800 8020 | website
Other Local Interest
RSPB Lakenheath Fen | website