- Groups and Organisations
- Health Services
- Other Local Services
- Other Local Interest
Groups and Organisations
There are many groups and organisations in the village, including:
- Mundford Bowls Club | website
- Mundford Cricket Club | website
- Mundford Football Club | website
- Mundford Beavers: no group at present
- Mundford Cubs: Tracey Hill – 01842 813690
- Mundford Scouts: Caroline Turner – 01842 815285
- Mundford WI: Linda Clover 01842 878800
- Cycling Group: Graham Brickett – 01366 328877
Mundford Village Hall is home to lots of groups and organisations such as:
- Carpet Bowls
- Friendship Group
- Mothers and Toddlers
- Over 60s
Find out more about these and other groups based at the village hall.
Other nearby organisations include:
- Feltwell Golf Club: Ladies Captain: Denise Whiting – 01842 862079 | website
- Village Voices Choir: Kinga – 01842 879723
- West Norfolk Aviation Society | website
Mundford, Cranwich and Ickburgh
Connect is a free monthly newsletter delivered to all homes in Mundford, Cranwich and Ickburgh. It contains lots of news, information about forthcoming events and advertisements for local businesses. To submit an article, drop it off at the Post Office or contact the editor:
- Newsletter: Editor, Karen Boxall – 01842 878711 | email
Click below to view the online magazines of these nearby villages:
St Leonard’s Church, Mundford (C of E) – All enquiries for Baptisms, Weddings and Funerals should be referred to the Parish Priest who also conducts services at St Mary’s in Cranwich, St Peter’s in Ickburgh and St Mary’s, West Tofts:
A service is held in the Mundford Methodist Chapel every Sunday at 2.45pm:
- Methodist Chapel: Revd. Chris White 01842 753819
For Catholic services:
- St Mary’s Catholic Church, Thetford – 01842 752266 | website
- Our Lady of Pity, Swaffham – 01760 721418 | website
There is a small church in the woods near Mundford that is no longer in regular use. Our Lady of Consolation and St Stephen, Lynford is cared for by the Norfolk Churches Trust.
Find more local churches.
Find more local schools.
Mundford benefits from having the following businesses located in the village:
- Brown’s Cafe and Restaurant
- The Crown (pub and B&B)
- Crown Hairdressers
- Hand Car Wash
- Costcutter with Post Office and Yallops Butchers
- Mundfords (eclectic furniture and gift shop)
- Mundford Fish Bar
- Village Hair and Perfect Beauty
Plan your journey anywhere in Great Britain by bus, rail, coach and ferry on the Traveline website.
- There are bus stops in Crown Road and on the A134 Cranwich Road.
- The Parish Council subsidises a fortnightly bus service to Swaffham on Saturdays. View the timetable.
- A new Flexibus service will be starting on 26th July 2016 from Mundford and surrounding villages into Thetford on Mondays and Tuesdays. Phone 0300 123 1145 to pre-book. See this poster for times and more information.
Find out more about bus travel in Norfolk.
The nearest railway stations to Mundford are:
- Brandon (Norwich to Cambridge line)
- Downham Market (Kings Lynn to Kings Cross line)
Plan your rail journey on the National Rail website.
A National Express coach to London runs daily and stops at Mundford in the lay-by near the war memorial. There are also services to London and the London airports from Thetford.
Plan your coach journey on the National Express website.
The Community Car Scheme may be used by any resident without access to a car. Please give 48 hours notice and avoid phoning at weekends (unless it is a real emergency). A fee is paid per mile:
- Community Car Scheme: Ann Shepherd – 01842 878872
Thetford door to door minibus is a transport service available to anyone who cannot use a local bus service due to age or impaired mobility or because there is no bus service at all. A mid-morning Tuesday bus service to Thetford Tesco’s is offered to the villages of Mundford, Ickburgh and Lynford. The minibus has a special lift at the rear of the vehicle and a trained driver to help passengers on and off the bus (previously Dial a Bus).
- Minibus Service: Age Concern – 01842 750088
Hospitals (with A&E)
- West Suffolk Hospital, Bury St Edmunds – 01284 713000
- Queen Elizabeth Hospital, King’s Lynn – 01553 613613
- Boughton Surgery – 01366 500331
- Brandon Surgery (Forest Group)* – 01842 810206
- Brandon Medical Practice – telephone 01842 810388
- Feltwell Surgery – 01842 828481
- Lakenheath Surgery – 01842 860400
*The Forest Group practice also runs a part-time surgery at Mundford Village Hall.
- Oasis Dental Care Ltd, Brandon – 01842 812276
- Townsend House Dental Surgery, Thetford – 01842 755373
- Clarence House Dental Surgery, Watton – 01953 882777
Find more GPs, Hospitals and Dentists on the NHS website.
If you need medical help fast, but it’s not a 999 emergency or for health advice and information contact:
- NHS Direct – 111
Do you have questions about cancer? Do you need financial help because of the effects of cancer? Are you caring for someone with cancer? The Macmillan Information and Support team can help. They will be at Thetford Healthy Living Centre on the fourth Thursday of each month from 10 am to 12 noon. No appointment necessary. Alternatively, contact:
- Macmillan Support Centre at West Suffolk Hospital – 01284 716023
Other Local Services
- Brandon – 01842 810184
- Downham Market – 01366 383073
- King’s Lynn – 01553 772568
- Lakenheath – 01842 860723
- Mildenhall – 01638 713558
- Swaffham – 01760 721513
- Thetford – 01842 752048
There is also a mobile library which visits Mundford fortnightly:
- Mobile library – 01366 383073 – timetable
Citizens Advice Bureaus
- Brandon – 01842 811511
- King’s Lynn – 01553 774719
- Mildenhall – 01638 712094
- Thetford – 01842 752777
Tourist Information Centres
- Brandon – 01842 814955
- Brecks Tourism Partnership – 01842 760116
- Downham Market – 01366 383287
- King’s Lynn – 01553 763044
- Mildenhall – 01638 715484
- Swaffham – 01760 722255
- Thetford – 01842 751975 | heritage website | box office website
District and County Councils
- Breckland District Council – 01362 656870 | website
- Waste & Recycling Department – 01362 656878
- Norfolk County Council – 0344 800 8020 | website
Other Local Interest
RSPB Lakenheath Fen | website