We have vacancies on the Parish Council and are inviting applications to join us. If you are interested, please contact the clerk for more information and application documents. Applications to be submitted by Wednesday 26th June.

Applications will be considered at the next Parish Council meeting in the Large Hall at the Village Hall on Thursday 4th July.

Scarecrow competition results

There were 10 entries to the competition, with £51 being raised for the Mundford Village Hall Playground Fund. A big thank you to all those who took the time to make the wonderful Scarecrows and donated to a worthy cause.

First Prize went to 32 Malsters Close, winning them a family ticket to Church Farm. The runners up were 21 Adeane Meadow, 61 The Lammas, St Leonards Church, and Browns Kitchen. All four of these won £25 Thetford Garden Centre vouchers.

Voter ID

From 4 May 2023, voters in England will need to show photo ID to vote at polling stations in some elections.

This will apply to the May local elections (if needed) for our new Mundford Parish Councillors and to general elections from October 2023.

Read more and find out about accepted forms of photo ID at Voter ID | Electoral Commission.

Passchendaele Letter

The Clerk has recently received a letter from The Passchendaele Museum asking for help from local residents.

The Museum has recently identified the wartime burial grounds of over 1,400 missing Canadians on the Menin Gate. One of these was John Daniel, who died on 6/2/1916. Before enlisting, he worked as a grocer. A letter was sent to Mrs Caroline Daniel his next of kin, over 100 years ago, but the museum has been unable to trace this to a modern address.

They are seeking information from anyone in the area, who may have letters, pictures or stories related to him, his family or the house they lived or worked in.

Click to read the full letter. If you can help, you can contact the museum directly or via the Clerk.

Click to view the John Daniel archive record.

Reporting flooding/works affecting protected species

Drainage – reporting concerns
Overflows/statutory nuisances caused by drains/cesspools/septic tanks: Please notify Breckland Council at Please provide as much information as possible; there is also the facility to upload any supporting documents/photos. Alternatively, contact the council on 01362 656870
Issues relating to publicly owned drainage sewers: Please notify
Issues relating to ditches/non-emergency flooding issues: Please contact Norfolk County Council Floods at
Flooding – reporting incidences
***If the flooding is life-threatening, contact the emergency services and report the issue to Norfolk County Council at a later date***
Report a flood at: It is important that evidence is provided, such as photos or an insurance claim, to confirm that the property has been flooded internally. You will be asked to fill in a questionnaire and supply information about the incident, for example when it occurred, how the water entered the property, where the water came from (green space, road, toilet etc.).  If you do not have access to the internet, a paper copy can be posted to you – in this instance please call 0344 800 8020
Wildlife – reporting sights of protected species
Norfolk Biodiversity Information Service (NBIS) Website: Includes information on species, habitats, protected sites, and geodiversity for Norfolk.  Wildlife records can be submitted via this site.  For more information on what constitutes a useable wildlife record, see
Please note: the presence of any wildlife does not preclude development.  If you believe a protected species might be adversely affected by proposed works, please inform your Local Planning Authority.  Guidance on protected species and the planning process can be found at