Suffolk Highways have given us advance notice of road closures, as follows.
I am writing to inform you of upcoming essential bridge maintenance works proposed to take place at Wilton Bridge on Station Road (B1112), Lakenheath which may have an effect on the surrounding parishes.
The construction programme is due to take no more than 15 weeks beginning Wednesday 2nd January 2019 for 12 weeks until Monday 22nd April 2019. The carriageway will be restricted to one lane via the use of a barrier system for 150 meters either side of the bridge and also there will be a temporary speed reduction from NSL/60mph down to 30mph for 200 meters either side of the bridge.
There will be a programme of road closures during some weekends at the start and end of the project, these will be required to setup the site compound and install the traffic management systems and likewise at the end to dismantle.
The programme of road closure we propose is as follows. Please do note that not all of the proposed road closures will be required, however, we require to have them reserved and road space clear as this is a high risk project which does not allow for a delay of any kind. Please also find attached the proposed diversion route which will affect your parish jurisdictions during the any road closures.
- 20:00 Friday 4th January 2019 to 05:00 Monday 7th January 2019.
- 20:00 Friday 11th January 2019 to 05:00 Monday 14th January 2019.
- 20:00 Friday 18th January 2019 to 05:00 Monday 21st January 2019.
- 21:00 on Friday 29th March 2019 to 05:00 on Monday 1st April 2019
- 21:00 on Friday 5th April 2019 to 05:00 on Monday 8th April 2019
- 21:00 on Friday 12th April 2019 to 05:00 on Monday 15th April 2019
- 21:00 on Friday 19th April 2019 to 05:00 on Monday 22nd April 2019
Click to view B1112 Road Closure Map