- Clubs and Societies
- Health Services
- Other Local Services
- Other Local Interest
Clubs and Societies
- Mundford Bowls Club | website
- Mundford Cricket Club | website
- Mundford Football Club | facebook | twitter
- Brandon Photographic Club | website
- Feltwell Golf Club| website
- West Norfolk Aviation Society | website
The village magazine for Mundford, Cranwich and Ickburgh is The Mundford Messenger.
Click below to view the online magazines of these nearby villages:
St Leonard’s Church, Mundford (C of E) Sunday service times vary. Contact: Rev. Linda Lubbe 01366 328921.
Mundford Methodist Chapel There is a Service of Divine Worship each Sunday at 2.45pm. All Welcome! Contact: Rev. Chris White 01842 753819.
Catholic churches nearest to Mundford are:
- St Thomas of Canterbury, Brandon | website
- St Mary’s, Thetford | website
- Our Lady of Pity, Swaffham | website
There is a small church in the woods near Mundford that is no longer in regular use. Our Lady of Consolation and St Stephen, Lynford is cared for by the Norfolk Churches Trust.
Find more local churches.
- Mundford Preschool – 07787 205924 | facebook
- Mundford Primary Academy – 01842 878278 | website
- Iceni Academy (Methwold) – 01366 728333| website
Find more local schools.
Mundford benefits from having the following businesses located in the village:
- Brown’s Cafe and Restaurant
- The Crown (pub and B&B)
- Crown Hairdressers
- Hand Car Wash
- Costcutter with Post Office and Yallops Butchers
- Mundfords (eclectic furniture and gift shop)
- Mundford Fish Bar
- Village Hair and Perfect Beauty
Stanford Training Area is used by the British Army for training. It is about 30,000 acres in size and situated near Mundford. The live firing and air activity schedule is published weekly.
Mundford Community Car Scheme
The Community Car Scheme may be used by any resident without access to a car. Please give 48 hours notice and avoid phoning at weekends (unless it is a real emergency). A mileage fee is paid to the driver. Volunteer drivers always needed.
- Community Car Scheme: Ann Shepherd – 01842 878872
West Norfolk Community Transport
WNCT was set up to provide a range of safe, affordable door to door transport services for people who are unable to access public transport due to location, age or mobility issues.
Visit the WNCT website.
The nearest railway stations to Mundford are:
- Brandon (Norwich to Cambridge line)
- Downham Market (Kings Lynn to Kings Cross line)
Plan your rail journey on the National Rail website.
The nearest National Express coach runs from Thetford. Plan your coach journey on the National Express website.
Plan your journey anywhere in Great Britain by bus, rail, coach and ferry on the Traveline website.
If you need medical help fast, but it’s not a 999 emergency or for health advice and information contact:
- NHS Direct – 111
Hospitals (with A&E)
- West Suffolk Hospital, Bury St Edmunds – 01284 713000
- Queen Elizabeth Hospital, King’s Lynn – 01553 613613
- Boughton Surgery – 01366 500331
- Brandon Medical Practice – 01842 810388
- Feltwell Surgery – 01842 828481
- Forest Group Practice, Brandon* – 01842 810206
- Lakenheath Surgery – 01842 860400
*The Forest Group Practice is not currently providing any services from its surgery at Mundford Village Hall.
- Oasis Dental Care Ltd, Brandon – 01842 812276
- Townsend House Dental Surgery, Thetford – 01842 755373
- Clarence House Dental Surgery, Watton – 01953 882777
Find more GPs, Hospitals and Dentists on the NHS website.
If you have any concerns or questions relation to a policing matter, you can contact the local beat managers by either calling 101 or by emailing STNThetford@norfolk.pnn.police.uk.
If you would like crime prevention advice follow this link where you can find a Crime Prevention A-Z as well as advice on lots of other matters.
Always dial 999 in an emergency.
Other Local Services
There is a Post Office in Costcutters, St Leonard’s Street, Mundford, IP26 5HG
Click to find other Post Offices
- Brandon – 01842 810184
- Downham Market – 01366 383073
- King’s Lynn – 01553 772568
- Lakenheath – 01842 860723
- Mildenhall – 01638 713558
- Swaffham – 01760 721513
- Thetford – 01842 752048
There is also a mobile library which visits Mundford every four weeks:
- Mobile library – 01362 693184 – timetable
Citizens Advice Bureaus
- Brandon – 01842 811511
- King’s Lynn – 01553 774719
- Mildenhall – 01638 712094
- Thetford – 01842 752777
Tourist Information Centres
- Brandon – 01842 814955
- Brecks Tourism Partnership – 01842 760116
- Downham Market – 01366 383287
- King’s Lynn – 01553 763044
- Mildenhall – 01638 715484
- Swaffham – 01760 722255
- Thetford – 01842 751975 | website
Town, District and County Councils
- Thetford Town Council – 01842 754247 | website
- Breckland District Council – 01362 656870 | website
- Norfolk County Council – 0344 800 8020 | website